According to the new rules, TRAI has given subscribers the time till March 31 to select the channel
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has implemented the new rules related to cable and DTH since February 1. Under this rule, users will have to pay only for the channels they want to see. Cable operators or DTS service providers can’t impose channels according to their own subscribers. According to this new rule, every subscriber had to migrate according to the new regulations until January 31, 2019. But still, many subscribers have not migrated their channels according to the new rules. TRAI has also organised the Best Fit Plan for those subscribers.
Apart from this, TRAI has given subscribers the time till March 31 to select the channel according to the new rules. Apart from this, TRAI has also introduced the Channel Selector app for the convenience of subscribers. Today we are going to tell you about this channel selector app of TRAI. Through this channel selector app, you can easily select your favourite channels. This app will supply you cheaply cheap packs. Let’s know how this app works.
What is TRAI’s Channel Selector App?
TRAI has launched this app because of the problems being faced by the subscribers in the selection of channels. You can download this app from TRAI’s official website. Through this app, you can choose your favourite channels, and you will also know about the expenditure on the selection of that channel. TRAI has fixed a maximum of 130 rupees for any SD channel pack. In this, you get a list of free-to-air channels in addition to pay-channels. This app will help you choose the least monthly channels.
How to use TRAI’s channel selector app?
- To use this channel selector app of TRAI, you first have to tap the “Get Started” button.
- After this, you have to fill your information such as name, mobile number and name of the service provider etc. Also, you have to give your last month’s bill information.
- After this, you will be asked for information about your state’s name, city etc. Some of this information are sought for alternatives; if you wish, you can leave this information.
- On the next page, you will be asked about the interest of news, music, sports etc. This information will give you the flexibility to select channels.
- In the end, you will be asked for information about SD or HD or both. At this time, Kuwait’s 550 free-to-air channels are available. After these free-to-air channels, you have to choose the pay channels.
- After entering this information, the app will pax you according to your liking or interest. You can choose any one of these packs.
Benefits of the TRAI Channel Selector App
- With this app, you can easily choose at least monthly rental channels.
- This app will make your monthly rental cheaper.
- With this app, you can choose channels according to your mind.
- If you wish, you can replace any one channel or group of many channels with standard channels.
- 5G Technology to be launched in India by 2020
- Just how to locate your Apple iPhone when it’s silenced
TRAI has instructed distributors to keep one type of channels in place.
Telecom Regulator TRAI has asked the television channel distributors to ensure that the same channels should be kept together and one channel was seen in one place as it said in the rules. The regulator said that if it does not, action will be taken against the concerned distributor.
Following the complaint of customers, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) gave this direction. This directive is essential from the customer’s perspective because keeping the same channels together does not make them difficult to find it. On the other hand, appearing on more than one vessel of the same circuit has an impact on its visibility and rating.
The latest instruction has been issued to the distributors of TV channels. This includes DTH executives and multi-system operators. The complaint was received after TRAI kept one type of channel separately and the same circuit as shown in several places.
In his directive, TRAI said, “… to protect the interests of service providers and customers and for the continuous development of the area, all television channel distributors are instructed to ensure that they keep the same channels in one place. And one channel can be seen in the same place. “It has been said,” Not to comply, action will be taken against the respective distributors under the provisions of TRAI law. ”
TRAI advisor (broadcast) Arvind Kumar told PTI, “The directive has come into force with immediate effect, and TV channel distributors have been asked to follow it strictly. This instruction has been issued to ensure that there is no problem with the customers.
According to the provision of service quality regulation of the regulator, each broadcaster will have to declare under which category their channels fall under the category of devotion, general, entertainment, cinema and news. It came into effect in July 2018.